"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

FEAST OF THE NORTH AMERICAN MARTYRS

Some years ago, I had the great grace to make the 75 mile "Pilgrimage of Restoration" on foot from Lake George to Auriesville in the state of New York. I believe very firmly that it was through the blood and continued intercession of the North American martyrs that my own faith was restored to an increased zeal and vigor. I do not think I realized at the time just how much this work of the Holy Ghost upon my soul would be. I am ashamed to say that although I made the pilgrimage with faith, piety and devotion, my mind and heart were in many ways "stuck in Egypt". I deeply regret that though I am grateful that this exercise in faith is still bearing fruit in my own life spiritually. I was edified and moved to tears in the past few days viewing some television documentaries about the lives of the North American martyrs. One of the narrators in one particular film said, "You will never be the same after being here" (referring to Auriesville, NY).  I can vouch for that. I have never been to the Canadian shrine. Though, I feel very inspired to do so. Let us ask for many graces on this their feast day. Let us pray for a Catholic restoration in North America and the world.  If you have never made the pilgrimage of restoration, I would urge you to consider doing so. Here is their webpage: PILGRIMAGE OF RESTORATION

here is a link to more information regarding the lives of The North American Martyrs



No comments: