"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A PRICELESS GEM FROM THE LATE FATHER HUGH THWAITES SJ




"Whisky with three parts water"

Although he (Father Hugh Thwaites SJ) sometimes offered the Mass in the Novus Ordo form, he did so reluctantly: 

‘Thank God, it’s not often I need to say a Novus Ordo one (to help out in a parish). It’s plain how it’s turned millions of Catholics into liberal Protestants. When I asked him to offer a Mass for several members of a family converting, he remarked: ‘I hope they will be going to old rite Masses – I feel sorry for converts who only know the Novus Ordo Church: whisky with three parts water.’ ~ Fr Hugh Thwaites S.J.

I drink mine neat.

1 comment:

aganod said...

True words. It is an awkward time for me; wanting to be baptized, and yet not finding anyway available through the traditional Pre-Vatican Catholic Church (I am Australian. It seems everything here is "universally" nothing).