"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

THE HOLY GUARDIAN ANGELS



Today is the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels. It is a praiseworthy practice to ask every day for the protection of our holy guardian angel above all in times of doubt, hopelessness and temptation. We should like Padre Pio work to cultivate and deepen our friendship with our holy guardian angel. 

Here is an excellent article on fostering our friendship with our guardian angel:

Steps Toward a Living Friendship with Your Angel

Here is an excellent audio series on the Holy Angels by Father John Horgan:

Angels of God


St Charles Borromeo: Prayer to One's Guardian Angel

Prayer to One's Guardian Angel for a Happy Death

My good Angel: I know not when or how I shall die. It is possible I may be carried off suddenly, and that before my last sigh I may be deprived of all intelligence. Yet there are many things I would wish to say to God on the threshold of eternity. In the full freedom of my will today, I come to charge thee to speak for me at that fearful moment. Thou wilt say to Him, then, O my good Angel:
That I wish to die in the Roman Catholic Apostolic Church in which all the saints since Jesus Christ have died, and out of which there is no salvation.
That I ask the grace of sharing in the infinite merits of my Redeemer and that I desire to die in pressing to my lips the Cross that was bathed in His Blood!
That I detest my sins because they displease Him, and that I pardon through love of Him all my enemies as I wish myself to be pardoned.
That I die willingly because He orders it and that I throw myself with confidence into His adorable Heart awaiting all His Mercy.
That in my inexpressible desire to go to Heaven I am disposed to suffer everything it may please His sovereign Justice to inflict on me.
That I love Him before all things, above all things and for His own sake; that I wish and hope to love Him with the Elect, his Angels and the Blessed Mother during all eternity.
Do not refuse, O my Angel, to be my interpreter with God, and to protest to Him that these are my sentiments and my will. Amen.

Saint Charles Borromeo

No comments: