"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pray for the Underground Catacomb Catholic Church in China

From 1992 to 1998, Lu Nan, a Chinese documentary photographer, undertook an unauthorized project where he traveled throughout China photographing the "Underground Church". Lu Nan faced arrest and prosecution for taking these photos. The project is entitled "On the Road. Chinese Catholic Church 1992-1998".

May these deeply moving photos become a meditation for each one of us....My faith has been strengthened and I've been deeply edified by these photographs. These people bear a invaluable witness to the Catholic faith under circumstances none of us can imagine. My God grant us all the grace to be able to bear such witness for Christ and our Catholic faith if need be.  I have always heard that the faith blossoms and flourishes under persecution. The blood of untold martyrs in China is the seedbed of the Church there.  Part of my own heritage on my mother's side were made up of Chinese Catholics who went to Hawaii in the 19th Century. It is to these ancestors really that I owe my Catholic faith I received through my mother. We must pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ who suffer greatly at the hands of an atheistic government. I pray that the "underground catacomb Church" shall grow as a leaven within Chinese society. I pray that those who attend the schismatic "official Patriotic Church" will be given the grace and strength to reject the false notion that one can be truly Catholic in so doing. 


Our Lady of Sheshan pray for China and for the persecuted Catholics there!


The Cardinal Kung Foundation is an excellent resource regarding the underground catacomb Catholics of China.


The complete set of photographs can be viewed here with a description



















1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo nui loa for sharing this! I have a friend from China. Many of her family members (grandfather, etc)were martyred for the faith. I will gladly share this with her. God bless.