"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"

"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ"
"The Five Wounds of the Liturgical Mystical Body of Christ" according to Bishop Athanasius Schneider: 1. Mass versus populum. 2. Communion in the hand. 3. The Novus Ordo Offertory prayers. 4. Disappearance of Latin in the Ordinary Form. 5. Liturgical services of lector and acolyte by women and ministers in lay clothing.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

in memoriam Pater Andreas Hoenisch SJM


  • I received very sad news from Austria yesterday. Father Andreas Hoenisch SJM the founder of SJM - Congregation (Servi Jesu et Mariae) passed to his eternal reward in the night between Thursday and Friday. Father Hoenisch was an ardent advocate of tradition and continuity. He was deeply ignatian in his spirituality. He was a priest of the Society of Jesus until such time as he was unable to continue on as a traditional Jesuit and founded the Servi Jesu et Mariae in 1988 with the consent of the bishop of the diocese of Augsburg, Germany. A more detailed account of the life of this holy man can be read at The New Liturgical Movement: Fr Andreas Hönisch SJM

  • I became familiar with the Servi Jesu et Mariae whilst living in Germany and making pilgrimages to the marian shrine Marienfried near Ulm, Germany. The Catholic scouting movement founded by Pater Hoenisch always had a strong gathering there. I've been prayerfully considering a vocation with the Servi Jesu et Mariae. I had spoken a few months back with Pater Hoenisch about this. I am deeply saddened that I shall no longer have the chance in this life to meet this wonderful priest. I am consoled that he can now pray for me and my vocation. I ask for all your prayers for the repose of the soul of this holy priest.

  • The Lord has blessed is in these bleak and dismal times with such priests who are few and far between and who have remained faithful to tradition and continuity and for this I shall remain eternally grateful.

Der Herr gib Ihm die ewige Ruhe und das ewige Licht erleuchte Ihm.


'

No comments: